Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Push pin activity




I really wanted to do the golf tee activity with hammer with Jr S but never got a chance to go and buy the tees. So I improvised and used pushpins instead. This gave me a chance to talk with Jr S about safety while handling sharp objects, we worked on left to right progression while pushing the pins through a piece of packing foam. It was so nice to see her self correcting when she thought that the pin was not in order. Next time I will buy some colored pushpins so that we can also work on sorting. The first picture shows her doing the activity, second picture is her finished product .

Update: Just wanted to update that Jr S did not hurt herself while doing this and I didn't have to remind her to hold the pins correctly. Hopefully this safety lesson carries through!

No comments:

Post a Comment